Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Mang on the Trustee Race, with Many Grateful Thanks


First of all, I want to thank all of you for offering the encouragement and assistance to my campaign for trustee. Yesterday afternoon I started the “Mangie for Canfield Trustee” group and had a few people join. Tonight I see over 100 people have joined, so I appreciate you all taking an interest. If I had 5 people join I would have been thrilled, trust me. It really does mean a lot to see the support here, even if we do not always see eye to eye on certain things.


This was actually an unusual move on my part to go into a campaign like this. I have often sworn in the past (and some of you can probably attest to this) that I would never under any circumstance run for political office. Well, the way I saw it, there would be no better time than now to jump into this thing. I really believe there is an opportunity to turn this community around, and unfortunately it would be very hard to take an active role in that from the sidelines. The Mahoning Valley can use some fresh blood in the political arena, and if anyone else out there feels the same way, I encourage you to take a hard look at some of the races in your own part of town. This county can definitely use you, whether you are a Democrat or a Republican. We need younger thinkers here, all ideology aside.


This is not a partisan race, and nor should it be. This is more about improving and sustaining a township rather than party politics, though inevitably someone will try and bring up my involvement with the Republican Party somewhere down the line. I expect it. However, that should not be an issue for this kind of a race. This is about the people, not the Parties. Fortunately for me I have a decent relationship with some of the Democratic politicians in this town, and hopefully I can use that kind of political capital to help accomplish things if I get elected.


Anyway, this is going to be a good race. I ordered the t-shirts tonight, the literature pieces are almost done and ready to go to press, we have yard signs coming in, and we have put together a strategy of sorts to win this. I will have more information on that as we get closer to kicking this campaign off officially, but I’ll send out a message about that in the next week for anyone interested in helping out.


It goes without saying I will take care of any volunteers that want to help out, because you are my friends of course and without your help I would not stand a chance at this.


Thanks again everyone!

Alex Mangie
The Mang
Candidate for Canfield Trustee, and your Conservative Capo of political viewpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment