Thursday, September 10, 2009

Random Points for a Random Day


I just have a few points of randomness tonight. Some are serious and some are not so serious. On a brief campaign note, we will be actively campaigning starting next weekend when it is a little closer to the prime campaign season. I’ll let you know what is going on next week as far as that is concerned.


Something has been weighing on my mind a little bit since the end of school, so I want to discuss it here. There was a young lady who I went to school with this past year at OSU who I was good friends with. She was actually one of the more brilliant minds in my class now that I think about it, but somewhere along the way I may have led her on unintentionally. Not that she wasn’t pretty, but knowing the circumstances I knew it could not work out and I chose not to pursue it. And I stick by that decision here. I probably will not see her again, but if she is reading this (and she might be), I do want to apologize if I led you on. If you want to discuss this further, shoot me a text.


Now, on a semi-related issue, my next random point involves Ohio State generally. OSU is facing USC this weekend at home, and I am looking forward to making the trip down with my friend Gary. Gary and I were down at OSU a couple of years ago for the OSU-Michigan game when it was #1 versus #2, and we had a blast. So even though it looks like it is going to be a rough game based on OSU’s poor performance playing Navy, it will still be a good time. I am not sure who is still in town, but I know some Youngstown people are making the trip down and there should still be a few classmates who are still in town from OSU. Anyway, I’m not sure who all is there, but if you want to get together before or after the game, give me a call or text me or any other numerous ways to contact me. The Mang is not that hard to reach, and yes, I know I am speaking in the 3rd person here.


Going in a different direction, Congressman Jim Traficant is going to be speaking at the T.E.A. Party in Columbiana County at Firestone Park 9/12/09 at 2:30, and is the keynote speaker of the event. For those of you unfamiliar with Jim Traficant, I refer you to my earlier article. He will also be on Greta Van Sustren on FOX News tomorrow night at 10:00ET, and undoubtedly it is going to be a hell of an interview. If you have never seen the Congressman in action, I encourage you to watch to see for yourself.


Steelers are going to be playing the Titans tomorrow night, and I am excited to see how they will do given this is the first official game of the regular season for the Pittsburgh Champions. A friend of mine, Megan, told me the Steelers are on the “Stairway to Seven”, which is an awesome way of putting another season, the great dismay of Browns and Bengals fans. It will be a tough year though. There is a lot of competition out there. Eagles are going to be interesting due to Vick, the Bears have been called to go the Super Bowl from the article in Sports Illustrated, the Cardinals may be contenders again, and of course the Ravens and the Patriots are there too. And last and certainly least in this writer’s opinion is Minnesota and Brett Favre.


There are the random points for the evening. Now, it is time for me to get some sleep because I have work tomorrow. Damn it feels good to be a contributing member of society again!

Salute,


Alex Mangie
The Mang
Candidate for Canfield Township Trustee
Conservative Capo of Youngstown and Political Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment