Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mang in OK! University of Oklahoma and OKC Memorial







I have seen a lot the last couple of days, and have roasted while doing it. You probably could cook an egg on a sidewalk down here it is so hot. It is good every place has the A/C cranked up to the max, makes things more bearable.

I am probably the only person here who drives with the windows down, as it is a rare occurrence you will find someone do that. And speaking of drivers, I think tailing people is customary in this part of the country. Anymore it doesn’t bother me because it happens every single time I get on the road here, but for that one rare occasion where the person is an inch off my bumper, I will swing around and then tail them laying on my horn for ten minutes, being the biggest JO that I possibly can be.

I made a few stops around town the last few days. I ended up at the Oklahoma City Memorial on Friday night because it was the time everyone said to go. The memorial itself is lit up in the evening, and there is a nice reflecting pool and these massive stone-lit gates on either end. There is also 168 chairs made of stone and glass that light up as well. Part of the original wall from the Murrah Building also makes up the perimeter. I have pictures on Facebook if you would like to see those.

On Saturday I made the trip down to Norman to see the home of our Big 12 foes, the Oklahoma Sooners. The campus was very impressive and it seems that there was a great deal of planning and coordination as these buildings were constructed. They have a beautiful law school there and the other colleges are also nicely designed. It is always amazing to see places like this, because in retrospect it might have been a great place to apply had I given any of the Big 12 schools some thought. That is not to say I am not 100% satisfied with my experiences with YSU and OSU, but it might have been really cool to go here.

Again, there are pictures on my Facebook page if you are curious to see what the campus is like.

I think I am going to spend the day in Dallas. One day can hardly do that city a justice, but I would like to try and spend a little time there since I am only a couple of hours away. I am not really sure where to go yet, though I have a few ideas.

The Mang

No comments:

Post a Comment